what do i get when i order the truth DIET plan?
First and foremost, you will have me walking you through every step of the way!
- BANDS: When you order the TRUTH DIET plan I will immediately send out the 7 colored bands to you that you'll wear each week to help inspire you and act as a constant reminder to keep you on track. This includes the black Mastery band.
- EMAILS: I send you weekly emails every Wednesday and Sunday that will help guide you through every step of the way from beginning to end.
- CHARTS: You get all the nutrition charts that specify exactly what you do throughout every day while on the TRUTH DIET plan.
- LISTS: I keep you organized with grocery lists and health food store lists so you won't miss a beat.
- RECIPES: You get the Clean Cuisine Recipe Guide that contains all of the healthy recipes and snack ideas that you'll use on the plan.
- SUPPORT: There is a community of people who are going through the plan just like you. And there are others that have gone through the TRUTH DIET plan and are now at the Mastery level.
how long is the entire truth DIET plan?
6 WEEKS: The first 3 weeks focus on detoxifying the body, which will help shed excess weight, drop body fat, reduce bloating and improve digestion (along with a host of other benefits). The second 3 weeks is about reshaping the body with continued fat loss and muscle hypertrophy. After the 6 week program is complete you move into TRUTH DIET MASTERY.
what happens when i purchase the plan?
You'll get a confirmation email welcoming you to the TRUTH DIET community, I'll go over some basic details, and then we'll get your colored bands sent out to you right away. These are the bands you'll wear as a reminder to stay TRUE to yourself for each of the 6 weeks, plus you'll also get the Mastery band to wear beyond the 6 weeks. Then you will get an email from me every Wednesday with all the details you'll need for the upcoming week ahead. You'll also hear from me on Sunday just to check up on you and make sure that you're staying motivated and on track.
why does the truth DIET plan always start on a monday?
Technically speaking, Monday is the beginning of the week and I want you to start with a clear mind, fresh and ready to go. This way it's much easier to track your progress through the 6 week plan. The nutrition changes every Monday and the colored band too, plus you receive the weekly emails every Wednesday and Sunday to help guide you through the process, so it makes sense.
WHAT RESULTS SHOULD I EXPECT IN THE FIRST THREE WEEKS?
The results that our 40 person test group experienced was an average weight loss of 9 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Some lost as much as 15 pounds and by week 3 some lost over 20 pounds! Everyone felt lighter, looked leaner, got tons of compliments and continued their weight loss goals. They also said they felt like they were thinking more clearly, had more energy and an improved sense of well-being. I noticed that most everyone had much more confidence in themselves and their capabilities to take on difficult tasks.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE SIX WEEK PLAN IS OVER?
When you complete the 6 weeks and have worn all the colored bands in the program (wk 1: white, wk 2: green, wk 3: blue, wk 4: purple, wk 5: grey and wk 6: red) you move on to the black TRUTH DIET MASTERY level. Mastery is designed to give you the tools you need to keep your nutrition plan fun and interesting so that you can make TRUTH DIET a sustainable way of life.
what is the mastery level?
The Mastery level goes beyond the TRUTH DIET 6 weeks. When you get to the Mastery level you'll have a solid understanding of what the TRUTH DIET plan is all about and can maintain it easily. In fact, when others ask how you made such amazing changes you'll be able to easily answer their questions because you will have been through the process.
how long is the mastery level?
It's a 2 week scripted nutrition plan designed to help you utilize everything that you learned to make TRUTH DIET sustainable for life. But it doesn't stop there because I added a supplemental plan to help keep you going at the Mastery level called Mastery Life. This plan is a 1 week scripted nutrition plan designed with moderate/low carb shifting days and intended to repeat as a way of life. Mastery Life is also included with your purchase.
will i lose muscle doing this plan?
Don't worry. Anytime you pursue a calorie restricted nutrition plan you will lose weight. This is a good thing because it means you're stripping away unwanted body fat and getting leaner. Because the first 3 weeks of the TRUTH DIET program focuses on detoxifying the body, you will lose weight with the possibility of losing a little muscle in the process. This is normal, but you will undoubtedly gain the muscle back quickly as you progress into the second 3 week reshaping part of the program.
If you're concerned with losing muscle while on the plan, I recommend increasing your portions of lean protein and/or supplementing with branch chain amino acids (BCAA's). This one-two punch will help reduce the rate of protein breakdown while promoting protein synthesis to ensure you preserve as much muscle as possible.
do i have to workout during the truth DIET plan?
No, you don't have to, but why wouldn't you? Training burns calories above and beyond what you normally would sitting on the couch watching re-runs of Seinfeld. When you burn more calories you're going to drop weight faster, lose fat more efficiently, look better and feel better faster.
what supplements are recommended on the plan?
Everything is detailed for you when you get the plan, but some of the recommended supplements include a multivitamin/mineral, probiotics, digestive enzymes, fish oil, plant based protein, powdered greens and more. All of these supplements are staggered throughout the 6 week plan.
can you list some of your favorite supplement brands?
Sure, remember that there are many brands out there that are excellent. Some are more comprehensive than others, some come from more reputable companies than others, and most use GMP facilities for their manufacturing. The following are only suggestions and not specifics set in stone. I always recommend you try brands that you like or what a nutritional health care practitioner might recommend to you.
- Multivitamin/mineral: One A Day by Alive! (simple, easy, comprehensive, whole food based)
- Probiotic: Ultimate Flora by Renew Life 15 billion or Udo's Choice or Raw Probiotics by Garden of Life
- Digestive enzymes: Digest Gold by Enzymedica or Raw Enzymes by Garden of Life
- Fish oil: Very Finest Fish Oil by Carlson's or Fish Oil by Barlean's
- Greens powder: Greens Plus (in assorted flavors), Amazing Grass (in assorted flavors) or Green Vibrance
What plant based protein powder brands do you recommend?
Due to their increased popularity, a wide array of plant based protein options have sprung up over the last few years with new ones hitting the market every month (or so it seems). Plant based protein is a viable alternative to animal based (whey and casein) protein. Here are a few that I like:
- About Time Vegan protein in chocolate flavor (they also make a vanilla flavor)
- Sun Warrior Classic (not their Blend version) in chocolate (they also make a vanilla flavor)
- VPro Raw Plant Protein by Nutrakey (any of the flavors are really good)
- Vega One protein (It can be a bit more expensive than the others, but my clients say the flavors cannot be beat)
- Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein (in the bag) All the flavors seem to be tasty.
- Rainbow Light Protein Energizer (chocolate or vanilla)
- Plant Fusion (chocolate or vanilla)
is whey protein allowed on the truth DIET plan?
Yes, whey protein is integrated back into the TRUTH DIET plan in week 5, although you will have the choice to use either plant or whey based protein powder - or both (which is what I do).
why are there guidelines for green drinks?
People tend to trust that a healthy looking bottled juice is okay. Unfortunately that is not the case. As with all packaged/bottled/canned foods and drinks, you need to be a nutrition detective. That means reading ingredients, checking the macronutrient breakdowns and paying attention to serving sizes. Healthy looking drinks can pack as much sugar as a can of soda! That's why I created guidelines for the TRUTH DIET plan.
can i have kombucha on truth DIET?
i don't recommend it because kombucha is a fermented beverage derived from yeast and bacteria. Of course it's healthy bacteria and contains healthful probiotics, but it also contains sugar and alcohol. Part of the TRUTH DIET plan is detoxification from yeast/candida overgrowth, therefore it's probably best to stay away from kombucha until you're at the Mastery level. By waiting until then you can determine whether or not you're having any negative reactions from introducing kombucha into your diet, especially upset stomach.